Victoria Park (Tower Hamlets)

A place for a great day out, Victoria Park was commissioned by Queen Victoria in the 19th century following a petition from the local community. The park officially opened to the public in 1845 and today is still the largest and most popular park in East London. The park has recently undergone a £12 million refurbishment to restore many of its historic features to their former glory and meet the needs of current and future generations.

Victoria Park hosts many events, particularly during the summer months, from large concerts to small scale community led festivals. Today the landscape has matured into a fine park with over four thousand trees, numerous lakes, a boating pond, playgrounds and plenty of space for sports relaxation.

Heritage highlights and listed features of the park include the Burdett Coutts Fountain, the Dogs of Alcibiades statues, Chinese Pagoda, three listed canal bridges and two stone alcoves from the original London Bridge.

The Regents Canal and the Hertford Union Canal link the park to a wonderful series of walks through East London and beyond.

Park Facilities

Angling
Boating Lake
Bandstand
Bowling
Café/Restuarant
Children's Play Area
Cycle routes
Dog Exercise Area
Dog Free Area
Events
Fitness Equipment
Football Pitch
Historic Building
Nature Walks
Parking
Picnic Area
Pond
Public Sculpture
Public Transport Links
Skate Park
Tennis Court
Toilets
Visitor Centre
Walking Routes
Wildlife
Wildflower Area
Woodlands
Football Pitch
Green Flag
Award Winner
Green
Heritage Site
Vote for this site
Managing Organisation
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Contact
Dave Hime
Telephone
020 7364 7968