The Green Patch is a 2.5 acre community garden nestled on the edge of The Grange Estate in Kettering. Managed by Groundwork Northamptonshire since 2007, the Green Patch currently sees a footfall of over 250 people a week who attend a variety of groups and services.
The site consists of:
• A central building & disabled access toilet
• Polytunnels and raised beds
• Bee hives, ducks and chickens
• Compost, pond and wildlife areas
• Natural play area
• Heritage orchard and summer house.
Our visitors, volunteers and services users include those who:
• Suffer from a physical or mental health problem
• Are unemployed and looking to get back in to work
• Come from a deprived or chaotic background
• Are retired and want to “give something back”
• Are socially isolated
• Just enjoy working outdoors.
At The Green Patch everyone is welcome and there is always a variety of growing, gardening, cooking, arts and crafts, animal husbandry, DIY, events or wildlife activities for people to enjoy - there is no job too big or too small for people to participate in. Throughout the year we also run a number of free community events linked to the seasons or themes of The Green Patch, details of which can be found on our Facebook page and our website: http://www.greenpatch.org.uk