Hotham Park is an urban yet tranquil open space set in the heart of Bognor Regis, a couple minutes’ walk from the seafront. It covers approximately 22 acres
The park was opened to the public in 1947 having previously been owned by the plant collector William Fletcher and the founder of Bognor Regis Sir Richard Hotham. The park has many mature trees of exotic and native varieties from the Fletcher period, and has a program for the planting of additional trees.
In September 2006 the Heritage Lottery Fund awarded Arun District Council £2.2million for the restoration of Hotham Park, the most historically valuable public park in Arun.
The project successfully completed in September 2009 at the same time being awarded its first Green Flag.
The park is widely supported by the community through many different community groups, however it is the Hotham Park Heritage Trust with whom Arun are most engaged with. They have had a strong presence in the park for the past 20 years and host the annual Hotham Park Country Fayre which regularly attracts up to 15,000 people over an August weekend.
Launched in 2014 Bognor Regis Parkrun host a 5k run every Saturday. We positively encourage participation in this community run, recognising the health and wellbeing benefits borne out.
The park offers various opportunity for outdoor recreation including; new café, boating lake, 2 children’s playareas, new adventure golf course, & miniature railway.
The park today is managed and promoted as a Green Flag Award winning park.